Crispy homemade parmesan potato wedges are an easy to prepare side dish that won’t break the budget!
Turn ordinary potatoes into crispy homemade wedges. Crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle. What more could you ask for?
Your kids will love these parmesan potato wedges, they come out delicious and crispy every time! Just as tasty as fried but without all those extra calories.
WHAT DIPPING SAUCES GO BEST WITH POTATO WEDGES?
Ketchup seems to always be the most popular. But I’ve dipped these crispy wedges in ranch sauce, spicy mayo, and bbq sauce just to name a few.
TIPS FOR MAKING PARMESAN BAKED POTATO WEDGES
Slice potatoes into wedges of the same size. So they bake evenly.
Spread the cut potato wedges evenly on the sheet pan making sure they lay flat.
Flip after 20 minutes of cooking to the other side.
You can use parchment paper to help with any sticking and to clean up fast once you are done.
Try to leave a small space between each wedge on the cooking sheet.
Garnish your wedges with farm-fresh chopped parsley and more grated parmesan.
Serve with your family’s favourite dipping sauce.
WHAT DO PARMESAN BAKED POTATO WEDGES GO WITH?
- Chicken Burgers
- Oven Baked BBQ Ribs
- Skillet Burger with Caramelized Onions
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwich
- Spicy Ranch Chicken Wings
- Turkey French Dip Sandwich
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich
- Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken Club
- Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Hotdogs
- Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Turn ordinary potatoes into crispy homemade wedges. Nice and crispy on the outside and soft in the center.
|Prep Time||45 mins|
|Cook Time||40 mins|
4 medium russet potatoes
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon paprika
3 teaspoons salt
2/3 cup fresh grated parmesan, divided
Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Get your oven ready with a temperature preset of 425 degrees and add your parchment paper to a cooking sheet.
- Wash and remove any bad spots from your potatoes and pat dry (I leave the skin on)
- Cut each potato in half and repeat until you have about 8 wedges per potato.
- Place your freshly cut wedges in a bowl of ice water and soak for 30 minutes. Cutting your wedges the day before and soaking them overnight in the refrigerator is even better.
- In a small bowl you can now mix your coating mix. Add the olive oil, garlic, paprika, salt and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, stir until mixed evenly.
- Drain your wedges and pat dry with a clean towel. Rinse bowl and add your potato wedges back in. Pour your coating and oil mixture over the potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
- Place potato wedges on the cooking sheet, and sprinkle some more parmesan cheese on top of the wedges. Saving a pinch to garnish after cooking in done if you desire.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes flipping after 20 mins. Or until cokked to your family’s preferred level of crispiness.
- Garnish with Gros Morne’s farm fresh chopped parsley, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and your favourite dipping sauce.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. Reheat in the oven until heated through and crispy.